- Those who have outstanding academic records, those who have financial difficulties, those who have submitted a complete scholarship application in time and those who have been exemplary to others.
- Academic Standards
- 1. Students who entered prior to 2004: Students who have earned 15 credit hours (12 credit hours in the semester before the last semester) during the previous semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- 2. Students who entered in 2005 or after: Students who have earned 12 credit hours (9 credit hours in the semester just before the last semester) during the previous semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- 1. Students who are re-registering for additional semester(s) due to insufficient grades or credit hour requirements for graduation must pay the tuition in full to apply for a scholarship.
- 2. Students must not have any failing grades in the previous semester to be eligible for the academic excellence scholarship.
- 3. Returning students must also apply during the application period to be eligible for a scholarship (however, returning students whose tuition is exempted are not eligible).
Scholarship Application Period
- The scholarship application period shall be setup at the end of the semester that comes immediately before the scholarship receiving semester. For example, to receive a scholarship for the second semester of 2014, students must apply for scholarship during the scholarship application period at the end of the first semester of 2014.
- Students must check the announcements for the application period that shall be notified on the university (undergraduate) website.
Scholarship Application Process
- Go to SKKU GLS (Sungkyunkwan Intranet Service) – Application Requirement Management – Scholarship - Application menu, fill out an application form and submit all relevant documents to your department office.
Payment of Scholarships
- Deduction in Tuition Statement: Scholarships shall be paid on a deduction-in-tuition-statement basis. Deduction in tuition statement means that the sum of scholarships will be specified in the tuition statement mailed every semester, and that students only need to pay the difference: the amount is the tuition after having the scholarship deducted.
- Cash Payment (payment into student’s bank account or issuance of scholarship certificate): If a notice of reduction in tuition is already made to a student but there is a change in the scholarship recipient, then the new recipient shall receive scholarship in cash. If a student who is the recipient of a continuous scholarship returns to school after a leave of absence, the student’s scholarship shall also be paid in cash. Also, the payment of scholarships from non-university scholarship foundations shall be paid in cash as well.
Registering Scholarship Receiving Account
- Go to GLS (Application Requirement Management – Scholarship Application – Scholarship Receipt menu) and fill out your account information (your own account only).
Application for Off-Campus Scholarships from Scholarship Foundations
- When SKKU receives a request from scholarship foundations for student recommendation, the details will be posted regularly on the SKKU or department website.
[Korea Immigration Foundation]Notice for Scholar Selection
3114 | 2018.12.06
[Samsung Dream Scholarship Foundation]Notice for new sholar selection
3274 | 2018.12.04