Leave of Absence and Returning Guide for International Students
Students planning to apply for Leave of Absence/ Returning can apply as below.
※International Students cannot apply for Leave of Absence on GLS due to problems regarding immigration(stay.) (Extension for Leave of Absence and Application for Return can be done on GLS)
■ Leave of Absence Application Procedure and Precautions
⦁Procedure for Leave of Absense
1. Visit Office of International Students Services and write 『Leave of Absence Consultation』
2. Get signed on 『Leave of Absence Consultation』by the International Students Coordinator.
3. Visit the administration office of the student’s department and apply for Leave of Absence in writing.
⦁Checking on the result of the application
1. Log on to GLS
2. Click on [Application/Graduation Requirements Management] on the left menu
3. Check the result of the application
1. D-2 Visa holder’s visa expires within 30 days from the date the Leave starts. D-2 Visa holder must leave Korea within designated period.
2. In case a student is applying for Leave of Absence for Korean language study(Affiliated Language Institute of the University), he/she must alter VISA to D-4 within 30 days.
■ Return Application Procedure and Precautions
⦁Return Application Procedure
1. How to apply: GLS> Application and Graduation Requirements Management>Apply for Leave of Absence/ Returning
2. Prepare documents below and submit to Office of International Students Services
※Required documents: Application form for Certificate of Admission (refer attachment), Color copy of Passport, Copy of Alien Registration Card(Alien Registration Card Holder only), copy of Health Insurance Certificate
⦁How to submit the documents
1. visit and submit: the student could present oneself or representative
2. submit by e-mail: color scan all the documents and submit to email@example.com
※Mail title: [Applying for Certificate of Admission] Student number_ Name
1. The documents above are for the report of the student’s return which are sent to Ministry of Justice Immigration Office. All international students must submit it.
2. We will send the Certificate of Admission for Students who are processing D-2 Visa Application
※When submitting by email, fill in available english address/ english name of the recipient/ telephone number